- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 roma tomatoes grated
- 1/22 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups basmati rice rinsed and drained
- Add olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water.
- Add in the bell pepper, salt, cayenne, black pepper, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for five minutes before opening and serving.