Chicken Milanese with Arugula and Fennel Salad
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 6 oz Chicken breats, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 cups Baby arugula
- 1 Bulb of fennel, slice paper-thin
- 1 Ripe tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Fresh lemon, halved
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic film and pound to ¼-inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Beat eggs in a bowl. In another bowl, place seasoned breadcrumbs. In a third bowl, place flour.
- Dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into beaten egg, then coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Place the pan on medium-high heat with olive oil. Sauté chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Hold in a 150º F oven on a baking rack until ready to plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine fennel, tomato, extra virgin olive oil, and vinegar. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before plating, toss fennel salad and arugula. Use as a bed for the warm chicken.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and lemon.