Roast Prime Rib Of Beef
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp Djon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 5 lb beef prime rib
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6-7 shakes worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a food processor, make a paste out of garlic, Dijon, and paprika. Set aside
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Copper Chef on high heat. Add olive oil when hot.
- Sear the roast until browned on all sides.
- Apply the paste to the top of the roast with a basting brush or silicone paddle.
- Cook in the oven until it reaches about 130-140º F (suggested).
- Remove the roast from the pan and set aside.
- Place the Copper Chef back on the stovetop on medium-high heat.Deglaze the pan with red wine. When the wine has reduced, add the beef stock. Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat source.
- Add 6 or 7 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and stir in the butter.
- Once the roast has rested for about 15 minutes, it is ready to serve with the reduction sauce.