- 8 inch oven-safe pan
- 8 Large Eggs
- 8 Oz Shredded Manchego Cheese
- 2 Medium-Sized Potatoes Diced Small
- Vegetable oil
- Non-stick spray
- Separate egg yolks and whites into different bowls
- Peel, then dice potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes
- Heat a frying pan with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and add potatoes. If you have a truffle oil add a dash for flavor. Cook potatoes until fork done.
- Whip the egg yolks with a dash of water for several minutes and set aside. Then whip the egg whites until nice and fluffy. Add them to one bowl and gently mix them together, it makes for a fluffier tortilla. My sister Reda, who lives in Switzerland recommended this method, as she is surrounded by expats with all sorts of great tips!
Spray an all-metal frying pan about 8 inches in diameter and put over low heat. Add the egg mixture and allow to cook for about five minutes. Then sprinkle in your cheese & potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes covered on the stovetop. Transfer to the oven until the center is set and cooked through.
- Once you remove it from the oven, let it sit for a few minutes and serve straight from the pan or flip onto serving dish. Cut into wedges and serve up with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and warm bread. Sahtayn, my friends!