Texas Smokehouse Stuffed Burger
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Granulated onion
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 oz cheddar cheese in 4 chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 brioche rolls
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 qt canola oil
- Soak the onion rings in the milk. In a separate bowl, season the flour with sea salt & black pepper.
- Place a deep pan on high heat. Fill halfway with canola oil. When the temperature reaches 365º F, dip the onions into the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and carefully drop into the hot oil. Cook until golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and onion. Form 4 balls. Poke a hole in the center of each and insert a chunk of cheddar cheese. Cover the cheese with the ground beef mixture. Press down to form burgers
- Place a pan medium-high heat. Brush the brioche rolls with the butter and toast. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the Copper Chef. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Place the burgers on the brioche rolls. Top each burger with BBQ sauce, 2 half strips of bacon, and a couple of onion rings before serving.